Search This Blog

Friday 19 November 2010

What would you collect to symbolise how you think about life?

In order to symbolise how I think about life I thought over the course of a few days about the things I use most, say most, watch most, eat most and hear most. I get the overground train then the tube to college in the morning everyday (between 9am and 10am) and during this journey I don't see a single person smile, apart from maybe a hapless tourist who's up too early on their holiday. Rather fittingly therefore, my student railcard has a very miserable looking mug in it, as do several other peoples' railcards no doubt, so this would make the cut for my collection as it is a necessity and on some levels the photo illustrates something I think about life. This choice made me think about the ridiculous number of forms of ID the average working person carries around with them: railcards, store cards, membership cards, building entry cards, bankcards, driving licences etc. A selection of identity cards would feature in my collection to highlight the sheer volume of them that we use.

No comments:

Post a Comment