Search This Blog

Monday 10 October 2011

Day 2: Coffee, Rain and Konstmuseum

So we go to the Art Museum and mum decides that I like chocolate-boxey paintings of birds and huts covered in snow and I realise that she only likes mad self-portraits. My dad is amused by some sculptures on the 6th floor which is mainly 20th century art; these sculptures are nudes in very classical poses and similar to statues one may associate with Greek goddesses but they are holding and examining modern inventions such as a telephone and a radio. But all in all the museum is wonderful; you cannot, like with any museum, possibly see it all in one day. There are some amazing bronzes by Auguste Rodin and I intend to go back armed with my sketchpad and a whole day to sketch them.











No comments:

Post a Comment