Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Deptford Creek

Today our tutor didn't show up and since I wasn't really in the mood to sit in the studio I went on a little jaunt round Deptford Creek. I thought it was relevant to our project because it has several previously derelict areas that are being made into subsidised artists studios such as The FairCharm and also the Creekside Project, a community based project in which they get together to clean up the river at low tide and try to recycle the dozens of trolleys etc. that they find. I've signed up to their next low tide walk because I thought those waders were a good look. Not really, I'm quite intrigued as to what kind of objects you find on such an outing. Unfortunately that's not until March 26th so not much potential for using my findings for my current project unless I have a complete outfit overhaul in 4 days! I took several photos but in particular I found the contrast, especially in today's grey light, of the violets and greens of the Trinity Laban building and the greens and browns of the river very striking. The reflection of the Trinity Laban building in the water was also fascinating. 










No comments:

Post a Comment