Search This Blog

Monday 7 February 2011

A Reflective Statement

I feel that my blog has become somewhat less prioritised in favour of our practical work and, being mindful of this and some of the last minute updates I've had to make for this assessment, I intend to try to become used to updating regularly and viewing it as a tool as opposed to a task. I feel that there was a strong level of research for my Brixton and Science Museum study tasks and the presentation was successful. My photographs for our Brixton research project are amongst my favourites. In relation to other blogs I have been looking at Clare Vuletich's blog, http://www.loveandthrift.com/; whilst there is a great deal of information there I enjoy its chatty style with immediate photographic references to all her writing. I now see it as essential to the whole idea of blogging to maintain this very readable, free writing style and avoid getting into large chunks of writing without anything to break it up a little bit. Furthermore, it makes for a much more interesting blog to be constantly updating it with your wider concerns and your own opinions; things you have independently been to see, things you have found that you are really passionate about. Not just images that 'I loooove!!!' with far too many exclamation marks but things that are important for you and you want to share. I have achieved this to some extent with my blogging before the Christmas break but this can be improved and certainly will be. One blog where you can feel the passion and genuine concern of the writer is Emily Campbell's, http://projects.rsablogs.org.uk/; it isn't as involved with textiles but I enjoy her approach of sourcing such a vast range of articles and opinions and her writing is full of questions for the reader. One thing I am thoroughly pleased with is the layout of my blog; without being too intrusive in itself it compliments my writing and photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment